For consistent, basic starting, us recommend changing spark plugs every 100 hrs or every season on every one of your outdoor power equipment engines. Replacing your spark plug:Ensures continuous sparkMore dependable startingImproves fuel economy
1. Disconnect the spark plug lead. Then, clean the area approximately the spark plug come avoid acquiring debris in the combustion chamber as soon as you eliminate the plug.
You are watching: How to change a spark plug on a craftsman lawn mower
2. Eliminate the spark plug making use of a spark plug socket.
3. Clean irradiate deposits indigenous the plug through a wire brush and spray-on plug cleaner. Then, usage a sturdy knife if vital to scrape off tough deposits. NOTE: never clean a spark plug through a shot blaster or abrasives.
4. Examine the spark plug for an extremely stubborn deposits, or for cracked porcelain or electrodes that have been shed away. If any of these conditions exists, change the spark plug.
1. Usage a spark plug gauge to measure up the gap in between the two electrodes (one straight, one curved) in ~ the guideline of her spark plug Many tiny engines require a .030\" gap. Inspect for the specifications for your model.
2. If necessary, use a spark plug gauge to adjust the gap by gently bending the curved electrode. When the gap is correct, the gauge will certainly drag slightly together you pull it with the gap. 3. Reinstall the plug, taking treatment not to over-tighten (15 ft. Lbs. Maximum). Then, connect the spark plug lead.
See more: How Do Sea Turtles Hold Their Breath For So Long, How Do Turtles Breathe Under Water
View remedies for handling the most typical engine and also product troubleshooting and maintenance questions.
View FAQs >
Learn about the latest commodities by Briggs & Stratton, step-by-step instructions on how to situate your lawn mower engine design number and also more!