hello cecil. My concern is, the track lady marmalade, what are they saying? is the in one more language, or what???
thanx, kandy :o)
No prob, Kandy. Return you have to realize the in some quarters her emoticon will be construed as “I’m a mouth breather.” then again, a most emoticons deserve to be taken in much more than one way, such together (I am afflicted v a major twitch), :-X (I’ve to be kidnaped and also stuffed in a trunk), and |–( (My surname is Igor). My personal favorite, however, is tho , i beg your pardon means, “whoa, watch at every the COLORS!”
As for her question, you realize this is taking me far from the Ebola research, however all work and no play, etc. I’m not certain what part of LaBelle’s 1975 disco struggle “Lady Marmalade” girlfriend think is in a different language, but let’s run through the candidates in stimulate of likelihood:
1) Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? it’s French, honey. The means, “Want come lie down with me this evening?” Lady Marmalade is a badass chick from the Moulin Rouge, see, and she has these needs. Lest you jump to one erroneous conclusion, the singer later notifies us, “We elevation women, some mistake us for whores / we say, ‘Why spend mine, as soon as I can spend yours?"”
2) Giuchie giuchie ya ya da da (da da da) / Giuchie giuchie ya ya here, oh yeah (here ohooo yea yeah) / Mocca choca lata ya ya.
You are watching: Lady marmalade lyrics translated to english
the Iroquois. “By the shores of Gitche Gumee / through the glowing Big-Sea-Water,” etc. Lady Marmalade is taking time the end from a flop in the sack to refer solidarity with indigenous Americans.
3) Creole Lady Marmalade. possibly you didn’t require this part explained come you. But some human being — I point out no name — think the heat is “Real old Lady Marmalade,” and also I desire to obtain things settled at last.
I understand that mexico jumping beans jump since of worms or larvae inside, yet what type of beans are they, and also what sort of worms? What happens to the worm? go it hatch out as a an insect or moth or something, or what?
— Laura Clemons
You’re thinking: Boy, Cecil, really working difficult today, aren’t you? Come on, you never heard of the lazy job of summer? this is the sum total of what i know around Mexican jumping beans:
1) together a kid I was completely creeped out by the thought of a bean being consumed from the within by a hungry pest that could break through at any kind of moment and also start in on my hand. It was no lull to come back the next day and also find the the pest had escaped from the bean by method of a perfectly circular hole and also was currently on the loose in the house.
2) Actually, there to be one thing worse: the step in Pinocchio whereby Pinocchio and also his buddies smoke, drink, engage in wanton destruction, and also then turn into donkeys. Experienced it again a couple of years back, and also it still made mine skin crawl.
3) OK, the science. The pest inside the bean is a small gray critter well-known as the jumping p moth, Cydia saltitans. The bean is no a bean yet a ar of a particle capsule native the jumping bean shrub, Sebastiana pavoniana. (Some speak Sebastiana palmieri. Whatever.) The mama moth shop its egg on the ovaries the this shrub, which grow on hillsides in the Mexican says of Sonora and Chihuahua and in Baja California. The egg hatch and the larvae bore into the seedlets and consume the seeds inside. Follow to the natural-history web page “Wayne’s Word” (waynesword.palomar.edu/plaug97.htm) , “the robust, yellowish-white larva” indulges in “the strange habit of throwing itself forcibly from one wall surface to the other, thereby bring about the jumping activities of the capsule.” One explanation is the this helps scare far birds, but we might just too credit the dawning currently on the part of the larva: “What the f—?! I’m within a bean!”
4) simply so we’re clean on this, the larva doesn’t leave the unbean till it has actually metamorphosed into a moth. No it seem favor a waste the it must go to the trouble of transforming its whole body, just to turn into a stupid moth? currently you know exactly how the ‘rents feeling after security all that money come send girlfriend to art school, just to have actually you wind up a CPA.
5) mexico jumping beans are hardly ever sold as novelties in Mexico.
See more: Nature Curiosity: How Can Owls Turn Their Heads All The Way Around
6) A substantial portion of the world’s mexico jumping bean emanates from one mexico town, Alamos. (Alamo means cottonwood, by the way. Can not use you always wondered?) The locals supplement their earnings by harvest the seed capsules indigenous the neighboring slopes and also listening for the rustling noise lock make. The hills are alive, one enthusiast gushes, with the sound of brincadores (jumpers). Dunno about you, however I say: bleagh.