For the HP Photosmart 3100, 3200, 3300, C6100, C7200, C7280 & PSC 7280 printer collection which usage HP 02 and HP 02XL octopus cartridges and also feature a keypad display, you can perform the insanity 43 diagnostic test to aid determine if the built-in PRINTHEAD is functioning correctly:
Tap 43 Report – Printhead Diagnostics Procedure:
1. Turn ON the printer.
You are watching: Printers that use hp 02 ink
2. Push * and # keys simultaneously.
3. Go into ‘123’ on keypad.
4. In ~ ‘Service’ menu, click the Right arrow 7 times until ‘Reports Menu’ is displayed.
5. Choose Ok, then click Right arrow 2 times till the ‘print-mech switch tap’ food selection is displayed.
6. Pick Ok (‘code = 0’ will be displayed); click and also hold Right arrowhead until ‘code = 43’ is displayed or enter 43 top top keypad.
7. Pick Ok. The ‘Tap 43’ diagnostic test web page prints.
8. Check the 4th line in ~ the top of the published report; an electrically good/stable PRINTHEAD ‘Pen Status’ will certainly state “Pen Status: Pen OK”.
See more: 3 Examples Of A Wheel And Axle Simple Machines, How Is A Wheel And Axle Used In Everyday Life
To view progressed diagnostics test for her HP printer model, click here:
HP printer Diagnostics
NOTE: The digital printhead, i m sorry the octopus cartridges plug right into within carriage, is responsible for pulling octopus from the 6 squid cartridges and firing squid drops ~ above the page, will at some point fail end time. This is primarily based upon a combination of full printed pages (rated duty cycle) vs. Picture content and also printing frequency. Dried firing, wherein one specific color is not printing, can significantly increase the chances of a irreversible printhead failure.