1. A little company with 10 employees uses a single LAN come share information between computers. Which form of connection to the net would be appropriate for this company?
a dialup connection that is offered by their regional telephone company provider
Virtual private Networks the would permit the agency to affix easily and securely with employees
private dedicated lines with their local organization provider
a broadband service, such together DSL, with their local organization provider*
2. I beg your pardon network script will require the usage of a WAN?
Employee workstations require to acquire dynamically assigned IP addresses.
You are watching: What is an advantage of packet-switched technology over circuit-switched technology
Employees need to connect to the corporate email server through a VPN when traveling.*
Employees in the branch office need to share papers with the headquarters office the is located in a separate structure on the very same campus network.
Employees need to accessibility web pages the are organized on the corporate internet servers in the DMZ within your building.
3. I m sorry statement describes a characteristics of a WAN?
A WAN operates in ~ the same geographical scope the a LAN, but has serial links.
WAN networks room owned by organization providers.*
All serial web links are thought about WAN connections.
A WAN provides end-user network connectivity to the campus backbone.
4. What room two common varieties of circuit-switched WAN technologies? (Choose two.)
5. I beg your pardon two devices are needed when a digital leased line is used to administer a connection between the customer and the service provider? (Choose two.)
Layer 2 switch
6. What is a necessity of a connectionless packet-switched network?
Each packet has actually to lug only one identifier.
The network predetermines the course for a packet.
Full addressing info must be carried in each data packet.*
A virtual circuit is developed for the duration of the packet delivery.
7. What is an benefit of packet-switched technology over circuit-switched technology?
Packet-switched networks are less susceptible come jitter than circuit-switched networks are.
Packet-switched networks can effectively use multiple courses inside a business provider network.*
Packet-switched networks perform not need an high-quality permanent connection to every endpoint.
See more: How To Break Glass With Sound Waves, How Can A Voice Break Glass
Packet-switched networks generally experience lower latency than circuit-switched networks experience.
8. A new corporation requirements a data network that should meet specific requirements. The network must administer a short cost link to sales civilization dispersed over a big geographical area. I m sorry two species of WAN infrastructure would accomplish the requirements? (Choose two.)
9. What is a long distance fiber-optic media an innovation that supports both SONET and SDH, and also assigns incoming optical signals to particular wavelengths of light?
10. What space two common high-bandwidth fiber-optic media standards? (Choose two.)
11. I m sorry WAN technology is cell-based and also well suitable to bring voice and video clip traffic?
12. I m sorry two modern technologies use the PSTN network to provide an web connection? (Choose two.)
13. A firm needs to interconnect numerous branch offices throughout a urban area. The network engineer is seek a equipment that offers high-speed converged traffic, including voice, video, and data on the very same network infrastructure. The agency also wants straightforward integration to your existing LAN facilities in your office locations. Which an innovation should it is in recommended?
14. Which equipment can carry out Internet accessibility to remote locations where no consistent WAN services are available?
15. Which WAN an innovation establishes a dedicated consistent point-to-point connection in between two sites?
16. A customer requirements a urban area WAN link that gives high-speed, committed bandwidth between two sites. Which form of WAN link would finest fulfill this need?
17. Which function is provided when connecting come the web using DSL?
18. I m sorry connectivity technique would be ideal for a corporate employee that works from house two days a week, however needs secure access to internal corporate databases?
19. I beg your pardon wireless an innovation provides Internet accessibility through moving networks?
20. A home user lives within 10 mile (16 kilometers) the the net provider network. Which form of modern technology provides high-speed broadband organization with wireless accessibility for this residence user?
21. What is the recommended modern technology to usage over a public WAN infrastructure when a branch office is associated to the that company site?
22. What can cause a palliation in easily accessible bandwidth on a cable broadband connection?
number the subscribers*
committed info rate
distance from the central office of the provider
23. Which devices is necessary for an ISP to carry out Internet connections through cable service?
24. Which geographic scope need would be considered a distributed WAN scope?
25. A coporation, group is trying to find a equipment to affix multiple, newly created remote branch offices. Which consideration is essential when selecting a personal WAN connection rather 보다 a public WAN connection?
higher data transmission rate
website and paper exchange company support
data security and also confidentiality during transmission*