The shooting is a smooth sphere, free of indentations. Normally they room made that brass, stainless steel or iron, however shot supplied indoors may be a sphere of synthetic material filled with weights.
You are watching: Shot put weight for middle school
|Boys under 12||6 pounds|
|Boys 13-14||4 kilograms|
|Girls with junior high||2.72 kg (6 pounds)|
|Men, high school||12 pounds|
|Women, high institution through age 49||4 kilograms||95-110 mm. For indoor meets, the NCAA patent shot as big as 130 mm|
|Men, college through age 49||7.26 kg (16 pounds)||110-130 mm. For indoor meets, the NCAA patent shot as large as 145mm|
|Women age 50 and above||3 kilograms|
|Men, eras 50 -59||6 kilograms|
|Special Olympics||3 pounds|
The athlete throws from a circular area at the same level as the ground on i m sorry the shot will certainly land. Around the one area is a raised throwing pad. The size of a throw is measured native the sheet nearest to the throw circle the the first indentation do by the shot, come the “inside edge of the stopboard nearest such mark.”
The 100-mm elevation of the stopboard is measured native the floor that the cram circle, no from the peak of the throwing pad.
The seven-foot diameter that the throwing circle days from 1904, a period when English-speaking nations were energetic in the rebirth of Olympic sports. Its conversion to 2.135 meters instead of an also 2, 2.5 or 3 meters, illustrates why metric switch in sporting activities is almost always a “soft conversion.” Enlarging or shrinking the throw circle would have actually made comparison through previous documents doubtful.
Before around 2004, the ar angle to be 40 degrees. Reportedly it was adjusted to 34.92° to make it possible to lay the end the ar lines and check your accuracy with just some cord and also a tape measure; no transit or protractor necessary. Uneven the diameter the the one or the dimension of the angle, this procedure walk make use of whole numbers.
1. Stretch a cord from the center of the cram circle to create whereyou want one next of the ar angle.
2. Through a tape measure, measure follow me the cord starting at the center of the throwing circle. Because that convenience, the distance measured need to be a lot of of 5. The devices don"t matter; meters, yards or feet will all work. Longer ranges are likely to lead to more accurate results. Contact the suggest on the cord you measure to X.
See more: How To Make Clay On Doodle God ? Guides›Doodle God
3. Through the zero allude of the tape measure up still in ~ the center of the cram circle, waver the ice around and temporarily note a curve around where you intend the other side the the ar angle will be.
4. Place the zero finish of the tape measure at suggest X. Find the point on the tape that represents 3/5 of the street in action 2 (if girlfriend measured 20 yards in action 2, take it 20 times 3/5 = 12 yards). Totter the tape around point X till the 3/5 point falls top top the arc make in action 3. Contact this point Y.
4. Stretch a cord indigenous the facility of the cram circle through allude Y. This is the various other side that the ar angle.
home | sports index | search | contact